Please join together with the HCC family
and lift up these concerns to the Lord.
They are many and diverse, yet each
one so very important.
You can request prayer, or send prayer updates
by clicking the box below. Please designate if the requests are
"confidential", or for the entire HCC family.
Confidential requests will be shared with and prayed for
by our Pastoral staff and Elders only.
HCC FAMILY PRAYER LIST (updated SEPTEMBER 19, 2023)
- FOR THOSE WE ENCOUNTER EVERYDAY who do not know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. That we may share the Good News in effective ways that bring them to the point of considering what God has done through the death and resurrection of His one and only Son, Jesus Christ. So many of our family, friends, work associates, schoolmates, etc. do not know His saving, loving grace!
- FOR THE HCC BODY: May we continue to devote ourselves to PRAYER, being WATCHFUL, THANKFUL, and PROCLAIMING the GOOD NEWS of JESUS CHRIST in our homes, with family and friends, where we work and play! May we be FULL OF GRACE, WISDOM, TRUTH and LOVE in every way as we REACH UP, REACH OUT, and GROW TOGETHER!
- OUR NATION, AND THE WORLD: Pray for all nations in turmoil across the globe, for their people and leaders. Pray for our country, our state, our community.....it's people, and our leaders.
- THE COUNTRY OF MOROCCO: A powerful and rare earthquake struck the northern African nation of Morocco late on Friday night, at least 2,000 dead and more than 1,800 injured. Pray for families displaced, loss, grief, and for those working to find and tend to survivors.
- THOSE STRUGGLING WITH JOBS, HOUSING, FINANCES: Prayer for accepting employment opportunities, wisdom, courage, and peace.
- ALAN CROUCHER: Former HCC Youth Pastor - Now at home recovering from hospitalization at River-Bend ICU with Pneumonia. Seems to be improving. Always concerns from Kidney Transplant performed years ago and any infection that happens in his body.
- TROY STUTZMAN: Surgery for Sept. 8 cancelled. Scans showed concerns regarding two lymph nodes. Will begin new treatment plan of Lupron injections and radiation treatments in a few days after consultation with Radiology Oncologist. Troy praises the Lord that this is localized and Doctors are working for the best results.
- SUSIE SCHMIDT. Home and resting after being hospitalized August 30 at Salem Hospital with severe abdominal pain and fever. Determined it to be a bacteria in her blood. Follow up appointment with Infectious Diseases Doctor on Sept. 19th.
- CARY RICHARDSON (Son of Lee & Susan) Praising God for a good outcome from Heart surgery at OHSU! Blockage was dealt with, aneurysm repaired, and were able to save the valve. Cary may need a pacemaker, but not sure yet. He is at home now recovering well.
- KAREN WOLFARD: Wearing a monitor for 30 days trying to determine cause and how to treat her chronic low blood pressure. Pray this will give Doctor's some clues as to what is going on and how to treat this concern.
- KATHY NOFZIGER (Daughter-in-law of Tim & Karen Salisbury): Kathy has recently been diagnosed with three new brain tumors. She has battled cancer three different times before. Doctors think they may be able to treat with radiation. She and husband Scott have two children, ages 15 and 11. They live in Brush Prairie, WA.
- TWYLA KEEN Diagnosed recently with a serious form of cancer. Prayers for treatment, and for her family as they navigate this together.
- RUTH FALK Heart failure. Now back at her place in Junction City Retirement Center. Recent fall, so prayers for safety. Remember her family and caregivers, as they attend to her needs.
- CINDY (Sister of Dennis Wolfard) Diagnosed with cancer returning after 15yr remission. Spine & Lungs. New diagnosis reveals that the cancer is spreading and clustering in bones and more serious than predicted. She is at home now. Continue to pray for Cindy & her family that they might trust in God
- FINLEY CHANCE: (Great-Granddaughter of Jim & Anita McClure) 3 year old with Leukemia. OHSU doing treatments. Recovery from Chemo
- DERREK (Nephew of Randy & Debbi Klemm) Paralyzed after a motorcycle accident from chest down. Prayers for Derrek as he navigates life. He is determined to discover how he can most effectively serve our God in his new life circumstances. Pray for him and his family.
- GOD'S STOREHOUSE: Providing food & household goods for local families in need. Donations and Volunteers always needed.
- HCC GIVING: Pray for continued faithful and generous giving by the HCC family in 2023 and to erase deficit from summer months.
- MICHAEL BRYSON'S FAMILY & FRIENDS: Missing since August 2020. Son of Parrish & Tina Bryson, and sister to Krista. Pray for Peace.
- HCC ELDERS & LEADERSHIP: For their personal walk with the Lord and godly, faithful leading/shepherding the HCC family.
- HCC MEN'S MEXICO MISSION coming up Nov. 8-14. For good participation of men and their personal funding, family in Mexico they will build a home for, travel plans, etc..
- WINEMA CHRISTIAN CAMP: Facilities. Leadership. Camps/conferences this Fall season. Upcoming "Friends of Winema" day of fund-raising and support this September 16.
- NORTHWEST CHRISTIAN NETWORK: Fall season programming. Resources for churches to reach their communities for Christ. Special Pastor & Leadership training.
- TURNER RETIREMENT HOMES: Prayer for staff & residents - Staff shortages and resident's health. Transitioning to new care plans.
- MID-VALLEY FELLOWSHIP: Pray for those who are struggling with sexual and relational wholeness in the midst of a broken and confused world. Pray for Fall season programs coming up and those who serve others through MVF as they seek to redeem and restore lives thru Christ.
- EUGENE & MIRA POGORELOV: Our global missionaries aligned with Fellowship of Christian Athletes ministries in Moldova. Pray for the country of Moldova, their ministry there and the youth they serve. Summer Camps have concluded and fall programs underway.
- RON & JACQUI WHISLER: Wycliff Bible Translators/Indonesia. Traveling now back to Indonesia to work with translators, pastors in Indonesia on new texts. Discipleship projects.
- AUSTIN & JESS: In Asia with Pinnacle Teaching. Settled in new apartment. Better suited for reaching out to others. Jess completed her Master's program in June. More connections with football players and families establishing relationships to speak truth in good ways.
- OUR HCC "MISSIONS OF HOPE" SPONSORED CHILDREN IN KENYA: Health & safety, in school. That they know God's love for them. Huge need for more sponsors! Mission Of Hope Schools (MOHi) & CMFi ministries we support in the Mathare Valley slums of Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa. MOHi also has schools and ministries in rural Kenya effected by severe draught.
- BUSHNELL UNIVERSITY. Wisdom. FAITH. Service. Students, faculty, staff. "Venture Forward" Campaign, building remodel progress, new staff positions open and hires. HCC'ers who are Staff and Faculty: Joe Womack (President), Tysen Buhler (Grounds), Awbrie Koons (Student Services).
- AMOR MINISTRIES: Continued opportunity to provide housing & hope. Spiritual emphasis. Food Pantry run by local HMA/churches
- SAFE FAMILIES: Provides respite care for children in crisis to avoid Foster Care system by short-term placement in Christian families. Need for volunteers to serve kids & families.