Please join together with the HCC family
and lift up these concerns to the Lord.
They are many and diverse, yet each
one so very important.
You can request prayer, or send prayer updates
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please designate if the requests are "confidential",
or for the entire HCC family.
Confidential requests will be shared with and prayed for
by our Pastoral staff and Elders only.
HCC PRAYER LIST (updated AUGUST 1)
- INCREASED WILD FIRE DANGER: Oregon and the western states. Safety of firefighters and communities.
- OUR NATION: Pray for our country, our state, our community.....it's people, and our leaders.
- OWEN NEUSCHWANDER (Preschool son of Colton & Krystle) Fell from slide and broke his femur (thigh). May require surgery. Splinted and in a temp. cast for now. Very uncomfortable for an active little boy! Pray for Own, and his mom & dad. Pray for pain relief, best decisions of doctors, and for quick healing without long-term effects.
- MIKE & TORY DEAN (Niece of Culvers): Young couple. Both have COVID19 Delta variant. He is in Corvallis hospital in ICU . She is 6mos pregnant and very worried. Pray for healing, peace.
- KAREN WOLFARD: Concerns about low blood sugar. Doctor's will be doing more tests to identify what is causing the problem.
- DEBI MONTGOMERY: Recent Brain surgery (at OHSU). Recovery is making progress! Now at RiverPark Care Center in Eugene for rehab. Still some paralysis on her left side, but doing much better. Pray for her Debi and her family.
- FINLEY: (Daughter of friends of Lekkerkerker's) 8 year old little girl. Diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Had a surgery to place a shunt. Radiation has begun She is experiencing some motor skills loss. Still a very serious situation. Pray for Finely and her family.
- JIM McCLURE: (Husband of Anita) Concerns about skin cancer removed, and larger skin graft to fix the area.
- CHERRY SKILES: Alzheimer's slow progression. She is with husband, Jerry, in Ivory Coast now and still serving the Lord.
- GEORGE & JANICE GIBSON: (Parents of MaryAnn Neuschwander) Both in very fragile health. Pray for the entire family as they seek to care for their parents in their final days.
- BARB BUHLER: (Clare's brother, Tracy's, wife) Fighting cancer. Chemotherapy in progress. Post-Covid Breathing & heart concerns. Getting stronger.
- STEVE JETER: (father of Rachel Smathers) Inoperable brain cancer. Fracture of lumbar vertebrae. Now at Care facility. Unsure of what this will mean for his ongoing health plans.
- AUDREY BROCK: Pray for continued good surgery recovery & no infections!
- VERN SOLOMON: Vern now in Care center. Limited mobility. Doing much better. Looking forward to Memorial Service for his wife, Linda, on August 3, 11am at HCC.
- MICHAEL BRYSON FAMILY: Missing since August 2020. Son of Parrish & Tina Bryson and sister to Krista. Pray for Peace.
- JAKE WHISENHUNT: (Nephew of Barb Koontz) Denver, CO. in specialized rehab center for brain trauma. Seems to be making progress.
- HCC ELDERSHIP: For godly leading and shepherding the HCC family during these troubled times.
- WINEMA CHRISTIAN CAMP: Funding. Facilities. New Staff hires. Summer program changes because of Covid regulations. Middle & High School Camps coming up soon. Pray for Gabe and HCC staff who will work those camps.
- OREGON CHRISTIAN CONVENTION CENTER: Clean up from Northwest Christian Convention. Grounds work this summer.
- THOSE STRUGGLING WITH JOBS, HOUSING, FINANCES: Prayer for employment, wisdom, courage, and peace.
- EUGENE & MIRA POGORELOV: Admirals Ministry in Ukraine. Need for new coaches/mentors as number of kids is increasing!
- RON & JACQUI WHISLER: Wycliff Bible Translators/Indonesia. Work online with translators, pastors in Indonesia on new texts. Discipleship projects. Visa problems to solve! Praise for New Testament now finished and being distributed! A 20 yr project!
- AUSTIN & JESSICA: Education, plans for return to mission field with ELIC/Pinnacle this early fall. Now in CA. finishing up preparing.
- JOEL & MERCY BROCK serving presently in Nairobi, Kenya with CMFi. Expecting baby in November. New directions for ministry.
- MATHARE VALLEY SLUMS in Nairobi Kenya: Mission Of Hope Schools (MOHi) & CMFi ministries we support.
- OUR HCC SPONSORED CHILDREN IN KENYA: Health & safety, return to schools. That they know God's love for them.
- BUSHNELL UNIVERSITY. Wisdom. FAITH. Service. Students, faculty, staff. Facility work through summer months. Prep for 2021 Fall with acquisition and renovation of Phoenix Inn for new dorm facilities.
- GOD'S STOREHOUSE: Providing food & household goods for local families in need. Donations, Volunteers always needed.
- AMOR MINISTRIES: Some building on homes has begun after COVID restrictions! Pray for continued opportunities to provide housing & hope. Donations needed for Food Pantry run by local pastors.
- SAFE FAMILIES: New opportunity for service for HCC folks. Provides respite care for children in crisis to avoid Foster Care system by short-term placement in Christian families. Contact Brenda Hoiland for more information. Need for volunteers to serve kids & families.
- HOSEA YOUTH SERVICES: Monthly efforts to provide evening meals. Ministry to street youth in Eugene, Oregon.