Please join together with the HCC family
and lift up these concerns to the Lord.
They are many and diverse, yet each
one so very important.
You can request prayer, or send prayer updates
by clicking the box below. Please designate if the requests are
"confidential", or for the entire HCC family.
Confidential requests will be shared with and prayed for
by our Pastoral staff and Elders only.
HCC FAMILY PRAYER LIST (updated FEBRUARY 24, 2024)
- FOR THOSE WE ENCOUNTER EVERYDAY who do not know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. That we may share the Good News in effective ways that bring them to the point of considering what God has done through the death and resurrection of His one and only Son, Jesus Christ. So many of our family, friends, work associates, schoolmates, etc. do not know His saving, loving grace!
- FOR THE HCC BODY: May we continue to devote ourselves to PRAYER, being WATCHFUL, THANKFUL, and PROCLAIMING the GOOD NEWS of JESUS CHRIST in our homes, with family and friends, where we work and play! May we be FULL OF GRACE, WISDOM, TRUTH and LOVE in every way as we REACH UP, REACH OUT, and GROW TOGETHER!
- UNREST IN THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD: Pray for all nations in turmoil across the globe, for their people and leaders. Especially right now for the nation of ISRAEL and the war with the "Hamas" Terrorist group in the Palestinian Gaza area. Continue praying for UKRAINE and the war with Russia. Pray for ALL those whose lives are effected by the violence, loss of life and property, displaced and death of family members, and friends, and the absence of peaceful living.
- OUR COUNTRY, STATE, COMMUNITIES: Pray for our country, our state, our community.....for it's people, and our leaders. For wisdom, understanding, good decision-making that we might live lives of "peace and justice for all".
- THOSE STRUGGLING WITH JOBS, HOUSING, FINANCES: Prayer for accepting employment opportunities, contentment, wisdom, courage, and peace.
- FOR THOSE SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION: Substance abuse of all kinds (Alcohol, Marijuana, Meth, Heroin, etc.), pornography/sexual addiction, food/exercise obsession's, and much much more. For God's healing. Courage to own the problem and make good decisions to fight the problem when sober. Protection from evil. For families whose loved ones are caught in this nightmare of addictive behavior and it's far-reaching consequences.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS OF JEWELLE PETERS (Mother of Craig Peters) Jewelle went to her heavenly home to be with her Lord and Savior on February 12. A Memorial Service will take place at Twin Rivers Church in Springfield on 3/3/24 at 2:00 pm. Remember her husband, Herb, as he grieves her separation from him after a marriage of 72 years, and his own struggle with Dementia and hearing loss. And the rest of the Peters family who miss her, but are at peace knowing that she is now in the presence of her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ based on their trust in the promises of God’s Word.
- BOB BRONSON: Suffered a stroke February 22 and was quickly transported to the hospital by Harrisburg EMT's, for which he and wife Lynne are grateful for their response and a good report from Doctor's at Riverbend Medical Center. He is at home and doing well.
- MITCH NEWTON (Ricardo Canas boss and friend) who has been battling lung cancer, and was to receive word this week if it has spread to his brain. Mitch is well-respected by many who depend on him as a father, husband, and boss. Ricardo would like us to pray for healing and for Mitch's family, workers, and friends.
- JONNA HOEKMAN (HUSKY) Severe pain from nerve damage after Tumor surgery. Pray for relief from pain, and that an appointment at OHSU can be set up soon to address this issue with her Neurologist and Pain Management staff.
- RUTH FALK Heart failure. Back in Junction City and moving to a Care facility with increased care. On Hospice now. Pray for Ruth's symptoms of a failing heart, disorientation and safety. Remember her family and caregivers as they attend to her needs.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS OF RICHARD SMITH (Husband of Melodie Smith) Richard went home to his Lord and Savior 12/17. Please keep his wife, Melodie, in your thoughts and prayers. Memorial Service will be February 17, 10:30am here in the HCC Sanctuary.
- GEORGE LANGDON: In Rehab now. Heart and vascular problems in the past and is suffering breathing issues. Doctors have determined there is major blockages in his heart and he is too weak for treatment.
- CINDY (Sister of Dennis Wolfard) Cancer returned in Spine & Lungs. It is spreading and clustering in bones and more serious than predicted. She is at home now. Continue to pray for Cindy & her family that they might trust in God.
- THRESA ATHEY: (sister of Val Stutzman) Chemo treatments for liver cancer are resumed. Prayers for healing and peace.
- ALAN CROUCHER: (Former HCC Youth Pastor) Neurological causes of current problems still of concern. Appears to be damage from a fall. He is back at home now and making progress. Pray for continued plan of treatment and healing.
- TROY STUTZMAN: Prostate Cancer treatment plan of Lupron injections and radiation treatments seem to be working. Troy praises the Lord for good results, that this is localized, and Doctors are working for the best results.
- KATHY NOFZIGER (Daughter-in-law of Tim & Karen Salisbury): Kathy has recently been diagnosed with three new brain tumors. She has battled cancer three different times before. Radiation treatment results show that smaller tumors are gone and larger one has not changed. She and husband Scott have two children, ages 15 and 11. They live in Brush Prairie, WA.
- JIM & ANITA McCLURE FAMILY Multiple health issues currently affecting different members of their close and extended family. Pray for the improved physical, mental, and spiritual health of all of those in the family. including great-grand daughter, FINLEY, age three, who suffers from Leukemia and is receiving treatments at OHSU.
- DERREK (Nephew of Randy & Debbi Klemm) Paralyzed after a motorcycle accident from chest down. Prayers for Derrek as he navigates life. He is determined to discover how he can most effectively serve our God in his new life circumstances. Pray for him and his family.
- GOD'S STOREHOUSE: Providing food & household goods for local families in need. Donations and Volunteers always needed. Opportunity to move location with more room and upgraded facilities.
- MICHAEL BRYSON'S FAMILY & FRIENDS: Missing since August 2020. Son of Parrish & Tina Bryson, and sister to Krista. Pray for Peace.
- HCC ELDERS & LEADERSHIP: For their personal walk with the Lord and godly, faithful leading/shepherding the HCC family.
- WINEMA CHRISTIAN CAMP: Facilities. Leadership. Camps/conferences this Fall season. HCC's Gabe Buhler serves on their Board of Directors. Evan Koons and Gabe also direct youth summer camps at Winema, and many HCC kids and families enjoy it's ministries.
- NORTHWEST CHRISTIAN NETWORK: Fall season programming. Resources for churches to reach their communities for Christ. Special Pastor & Leadership training. Primarily located on the historic Turner Tabernacle Grounds in Turner, Oregon.
- TURNER RETIREMENT HOMES: Prayer for staff & residents - Staff shortages and resident's health. Transitioning to new care plans.
- MID-VALLEY FELLOWSHIP: Pray for those who are struggling with sexual and relational wholeness in the midst of a broken and confused world. Pray for Fall season programs coming up and those who serve others through MVF as they seek to redeem and restore lives thru Christ.
- EUGENE & MIRA POGORELOV: Our global missionaries aligned with Fellowship of Christian Athletes ministries in Moldova. Pray for the country of Moldova, their ministry there and the youth they serve. They will be in states this spring and plan to visit HCC March 7-11, 2024
- RON & JACQUI WHISLER: Wycliff Bible Translators/Indonesia. Back in Indonesia working with translators, pastors on new texts and Discipleship projects.
- AUSTIN & JESS: In Asia with Pinnacle Teaching. Settled in new apartment. Better suited for reaching out to others. Jess completed her Master's program in June. More connections with football players and families establishing relationships to speak truth in good ways. Increased financial needs for summer ministry plans.
- OUR HCC "MISSIONS OF HOPE" SPONSORED CHILDREN IN KENYA: Health & safety, in school. That they know God's love for them. Huge need for more sponsors! Mission Of Hope Schools (MOHi) & CMFi ministries we support in the Mathare Valley slums of Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa. MOHi also has schools and ministries in rural Kenya effected by severe draught.
- BUSHNELL UNIVERSITY. Wisdom. FAITH. Service. Students, faculty, staff. "Venture Forward" Campaign, building remodel progress, new staff positions open and hires. HCC'ers who are Staff and Faculty: Joe Womack (President), Tysen Buhler (Grounds), Awbrie Koons (Student Services), Gabe Buhler (Chapel Band & Worship Music Ministries).
- AMOR MINISTRIES: Continued opportunity to provide housing & hope. Spiritual emphasis. Food Pantry run by local HMA/churches
- SAFE FAMILIES: Provides respite care for children in crisis to avoid Foster Care system by short-term placement in Christian families. Need for volunteers to serve kids & families.