YOUR SAFETY IS IMPORTANT TO US. . . IN ALL THINGS "LOVE"
Harrisburg Christian Church is always concerned about the health and safety concerns of our families, church, and our community. We realize there are MANY different thoughts and feelings that surround the COVID19 situation. We have tried to make sure our practices and attitude during this time reflect Christ's love, care, and respect for all people.
Read on to see specific ways we plan to abide by the State of Oregon current metric guidelines for Linn County, Oregon during this time....
PRESENTLY: (as of MAY 7, 2021...with change in status from "Extreme" to "HIGH" Risk Category in Linn County)
* OUR HCC OFFICES are "officially" CLOSED to the general public. You can call during regular office hours to set an appointment, stop by to "pick-up/drop-off", or anything else you as a part of HCC might need. We will meet you at the door and invite you in at your discretion.
* SUNDAY WORSHIP IS "IN PERSON" in our Activity Center Building, and ALWAYS ONLINE!
(Watch our Live-stream on our Facebook page or YouTube at 10:30am on Sundays...or watch a replay any time during the week!)
* SANITIZING and Disinfecting will continue. Our janitorial staff will be paying extra attention before and after folks are in our facilities to make sure surfaces are clean and sanitized.
* HAND WASHING options & HAND SANITIZER and disposable MASKS will be available for all who are in our facilities. People are encouraged to make sure they clean their hands regularly with soap and water.
* PEOPLE WHO HAVE TESTED POSITIVE or BEEN EXPOSED TO OTHERS WHO'VE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID19, and are still within the quarantine limit (10 days), should NOT attend or participate in events with the HCC family "in-person".
* ANYONE WITH ANY KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS, or COVID19, are asked not to participate in events with the HCC family "in person". PLEASE STAY HOME if you are running a temperature, have congestion, coughing, difficulty breathing, head/body aches, and any flu or cold symptoms.
* FACE MASKS are still required by the State of Oregon in ALL INDOOR PUBLIC SPACES, and OUTDOORS where a distance of 6ft between people cannot be maintained. We will cooperate as well as we can with this mandate. Please bring a mask to wear at church. CHILDREN under 5 yrs are NOT REQUIRED to wear a mask. Guidelines from governing authorities for those who are completely vaccinated for COVID19 are still unclear to us at this time. (The national CDC and Oregon OHA have conflicting information). We have disposable adult masks available in our facilities.
* The state of Oregon requires that we instruct people to practice safe SOCIAL DISTANCING. This means all seating is spaced for 6ft between family groups. Please consider your interaction with others not in your family group and consider keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from each other. We encourage you to comply.
* PLEASE respect others and their desire to follow these protocols and do not assume they are good with a "hug" from you! ASK FIRST.
* State guidelines for Faith-based gatherings of churches and like groups are limited following social distancing guidelines of the 6ft rule based on computation of room capacities. These numbers are now "Recommendations" rather than "Restrictions". (See current Risk Category pages at oregon.gov and "asterisked" section for Faith Institutions.) Our Activity Center, because of it's size, ventilation, and exterior exits on each corner - has no occupancy size restrictions. Recommendations are to cap at 150 people because of the "indoor" designation. We feel safe with the 130 number that we calculate we can still be socially distanced.
Other rooms in our facility do have room occupancy numbers, and will be considered with "recommendation" calculations for social distancing.
* We are providing CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS for Sunday mornings. We are committed to every child and families health safety and well-being, as well as their social,emotional, and spiritual needs.
- NURSERY CARE is available for infants 2yrs old and under is available the entire time of programming on Sunday morning. Parents should gage
their own comfort level with our care option.
- CHILDREN AGE 3 THRU GRADES K-5 are welcome to be dismissed from our Sunday morning Worship Celebration to their own age-appropriate
groups for CHILDREN'S WORSHIP. Kids are welcome to sit with their families until kids are dismissed. We remind mom and dad to be aware of the
social distancing guidelines and concerns. Kids 5 and older should plan to wear a mask if possible. Parents: Please pick up your children at the
close of the service promptly.
* Kids Coloring & Learning Sheets with crayons are available for each indoor in-person service for kids to use while they are in the room. You can
find them on the table near the courtyard entry. Crayon packets and sheets should not be returned...take them home with you!
* HCC will LIMIT HOSTING GUEST GROUPS in our facilities (inside or outside) on a case by case situation. Groups should inquire with the HCC
office to apply for Building Use. We ask that all groups follow Covid-safe protocol.
* We are committed to allow for our HCC family to follow guidelines as they see fit in their personal lives.
We will, however, continue to encourage our church family when we gather together to be mindful of each others concerns, and consider others safety worries above our personal freedoms.
Let all be done "in love" ... beyond all other freedoms.
* We are committed to following the restrictions imposed as stated by our governing authorities in the State of Oregon, Linn County, and our nation. With respect for those leaders (Read Romans 13 and the apostle Paul's admonition to the church to respect government leaders) we are implementing the guidelines set forth currently. Where there are "recommendations", we will carefully access their validity and make choices carefully.
There may be a time when it is no longer agreeable to follow this decision-making process, but for now, this is where we will stand.
* If you have questions about those details, please contact the HCC Office, Pastoral Staff, or Eldership for clarification.